Sunday, May 16, 2010

516牽手護童年

After lunch I will leave for CKS Memorial Hall to protest against the 3 more English classes added to the schedule for elementary school students in Taipei County. My friend told me it was useless for teachers to go protest since most parents like it--why not let school take care of kids? 3 more English classes are good! no need to learn English in cram schools! The reason I will still go there is our Edu Bureau just forces schools to do so without discussing with teachers both in elementary schools and junior high first. Let alone the lesson plans we need to adjust. 4 English classes every week, from grade 1 to grade 6...and children can really handle them ( Chinese, Taiwanese or Haka or aboriginal languages, and English ) at the same time? Lucky I did not have such a schedule when I was very young. And yeah I can still express what I am thinking about in English although I started to learn English since grade 7. By the way, I never went abroad to study English. Thanks God I did have a happier childhood.

No comments: