Saturday, August 27, 2005

Where to stay

Got my ex classmate's call. She seemed in a bad mood and asked
me if she could come over. Of course I welcomed her. Ended up
she came with her bf, who I met for the very first time. He's a
taxi driver, very tan and looked worried. We sat at the table,
having some green tea I prepared, and then I learned their
story. My classmate WS dated her bf J, who's going through a
divorce with his Chinese wife, after she broke up with her ex.
By 'Chinese' here I meant his wife is a mainlander. His wife
left him and their kid for China a few years ago--can't imagine
a mom can leave young kids like this you know. But the thing is
WS needs to find a place to stay because she left Taichung
where her ex stays for Taipei to work. Her current bf helped
move her stuff and would like her to stay at his place. That's
why WS came ask for my advice; she's under great pressure from
family and her relationships and couldn't see things through
right now. Lucky we always have a saying: Outsiders can figure
out more easily. Sure I told her what I thought: you're my good
old friend. The only thing I will do is give you my moral
support no matter what guy you wanna be with. However,it's
wrong to stay in your bf's house since he doesn't get divorced
yet. You can stay with me for a few days like my shijie did
last month. While her bf went to the restroom she asked me
again: you don't think it's good to stay in his place? I told
her no. Being such an old friend of hers, I just cannot agree
with such ideas. Call me prudence, I don't mind. I even told
another friend lately...I wouldn't be a good close friend with
a guy who's taken. Not to mention flirt to him. There are so
many single guys out there--why and what is the point to hang
out with a taken man?? Maybe that's why all my female friends
like me, even when their husbands say they wanna shout me
coffee and such. I never talk much with others' bfs or
husbands--wu liao if you ask me why. Anyway the item left my
place for dinner. I hope my friend can make a wise decision.

No comments: