Saturday, May 21, 2005

Gua Sha

It's Sat and I still had a terrible headache...looked pale. My best
friend Sheila planned to pay me a visit. She asked me on the phone if
she should still come after she knew I was not feeling well. I insisted she
should since we had an appointment with a shi jei ( a lady ) who sells
crystals. Then Sheila was at my place in the afternoon. She assumed I
was 'zhong shu'--got sick because of the heat. Yeah it often hit over
30 C here in Taipei these days...and maybe my period's coming. More
troublesome to be a female :\ you know. She then did 'gua sha' for me
--using a litte plate made of bull horn to rub my skin, kind of
massage. Soon my back looked very 'interesting' :P like I'm being
tortured or such. (if my foreign friends saw this they'd scream I
guess. :P ) And I felt much better after the 'gua sha'.

We went to the shi jei's place later on. Sheila would get some crystals
for her husband in Vancouver. I like such stuff too and both of us
spent some money on the beautiful stones. Sheila got a purple crystal
original stone, which is from Uruguay. Purple crystal symbolizes
wisdom, and it's good for business and 'gui ren' ( assistance from
others. ) I got a 'jin dong', a small crystal grotto, around 3 kg. :P
The light purple radiation from the stone crystallized inside the
grotto glitters...looks so appealing to me. :D Hmm I shall take a pic
of it.

One more 'fun for today' :P I got Lay's newest potato chips--Green tea
flavour, which tastes o...k... I think I still prefer the lemon
flavored ones. The green tea ones are a bit too sweet. Green tea is
supposed to be sweet? I wonder...but I don't mind as long as I have
other choices. :D

No comments: