Monday, September 19, 2005

Moon Festival

Ah...lousy we gotta work today. I remember we wouldn't go to school or work on Mon if the national holiday was on Sun. Since when it's changed? *sighs* No idea if my foreign friends have the same situation. They don't work on the weekend either, and apparently they have more holidays than us--Easter, Christmas, and so on. I don't think we have a longer one except the Lunar New Year ( around 1 week that's it. ) Heh I complained enough I guess.

Talking about this Moon Festival, we had a guest from UK. He likes TW so much that he's to get PR, wouldn't go back to his country in the future. No need to say his ideal wife will be a Taiwanese--of course not my business. I never think I should do anything for my male friends when it comes to dating or marriage--guys are smart. They know what they want precisely. *chuckles* Girls never have to worry about guys because they can take care of themselves very well, even better than us gals!

Thus I didn't plan to meet this British friend R after he informed me he's already here in Taipei. But he told me in another email he brought my family some little gifts from UK. O...K...we wouldn't owe others favor. That's why he's invited to our place and had a big dinner, moon cakes, and I did have a good time listening to a beautiful English accent. The best is he's pretty interested in teaching English--guess I can ask any questions about vocabulary and grammar of him from now on. ( As a matter of fact I don't have many questions to ask.hehehe :P )

No comments: