Saturday, October 01, 2005

Fell sick

No idea why I fell sick like this...took a medical
leave yesterday! It's Fri and I was supposed to
enjoy it since I only have 4 sessions to teach. But
after the 1st class I started to feel weak, having a
headache and a stomachache. At first I thought I'd
be fine again, just to take a rest at my desk during
break time. But still felt bad and it seemed the
world's turning around in my head. Finally the
decision was made--my colleagues would take over my
duty and I drove home to rest asap. ( *sobs* my turn
to pay for others' teaching )

Also got a fever, but no sneezing or sore throat.
Weird...blame it to the troublesome activity on
Teacher's Day! I had 6 sessions and school asked all
the teachers and students to come for a school
meeting in the afternoon, bathing in the great
sunlight ( over 35 C. ) The purpose? Sure, for the
celebration of Teacher's Day! It's just stupid and
torturous. Who would concentrate on the
'performance' if the sun is so shining and burning?
We sweated like hell and the school court was like
the hell really. Terrible experience...I told others
I didn't enjoy such after it's over. Altho it's to
celebrate Teacher's Day, altho some students were so
sweet to give me cards and gifts ( I never asked
them to and I told them I got my salary
already...there's no need to give me stuff. )

Anyway, I feel a bit better today. It said a typhoon
Longwang is coming. While chatting on an American
channel, my friend told me he knew there will be a
typhoon in TW and found its name amusing. I said yah
I found some typhoons' names are funny. Then he
private messaged me--'wang' is a slang word for
penis. What the... LOL no wonder he found it
amusing! Oh no many people here have their surname
Wang. :P Ain't it fun when their English name's
read by Americans if they go to the states?

No comments: