Tuesday, October 25, 2005

Taiwan's Retrocessing Day

今天是台灣光復節,但是有誰會在意呢?沒有放假就只不過是一個普普通通的星期二。

School gave all the classrooms and offices this notice that asks us to pay attention to the very scary Avian Influenza (禽流感). However, we don't seem to have many cases here in Taiwan, but it's always better to keep safe. That's why I told students it's okay to bring along eggs and chicken for our hot pot party next Mon, but we gotta make them well-done. As a matter of fact I have neither eggs nor meat--only vegetarian meals I would get. But that doesn't mean I won't fall sick as others...still have to be careful.

Some friend paid me a short visit while I was having a break this morning, kind enough to give me a package of dried tofu ( vegetarian for sure. ) I had some in my office later...yummy! Then shared with my colleagues and some students later on when they had good performance in class.

No comments: