Wednesday, September 08, 2004

Should learn some French

It’s so cool today that we didn’t turn on air con at school all day, guess it’s going to be autumn soon. In the classroom we still used fans, but I turned them off when kids were taking a nap after they had lunch. I don’t want any of them to get a cold. :P Today we finished watching The Butterfly Effect and another movie Mean Girls in class. The former is more interesting I think. The idea is whatever one does, how trifle it might seem to be at that moment, the outcome is critical, just like what Buddhism said, ‘It’s the cause and the effect.’ The other movie is talking about something happened in an American middle school. You know…a lot of bs. :P I don’t mean I always talk seriously though—in fact I talk lots of bs too, LOL~ Remember I work in a middle school! :PI mentioned that there are 2 new students in my class this semester. Then I asked the girl what her English name is. She said, Simone, and it’s from French. Erm…honestly speaking I didn’t know how to pronounce this name. I know Yvonne is from French too and I know its pronunciation. So I asked her how to pronounce it and she said it for me. Hmm…you know what, it sounds like the terms: ‘she’ ‘moan’ :P Anyway…I am always happy to learn something new. :D

3 comments:

Ken said...

'she moan'... hahaha thats pretty good actually :P But I don't know if the origin of that name was French :P The thing is, Simon = Sai Men (Stuff Door), Simone = Xi Mon (Western Dream). :P And I have Mean Girls, but haven't watched it... And Butterfly Effect was alright, but Paycheck is better I guess :P

Flo said...

hahaha~ I like the 'stuff door' idea! :P hao hao xiao! and I told students we should watch Gothika by the end of our Ghost month here. :D

Ken said...

haha :D (aren't I clever :P). I dunno if I wanna see Gothika... its either gonna be good or terrible. Just because I don't wanna see Catwoman... it looks terrible :P