Saturday, September 11, 2004

Teachers-Parents Day

Raining all day, sometimes very heavily, I couldn’t help worry if there would be less parents coming to the Teachers-Parents Day in the early morning. I planned to wear a sleeve-less black blouse, and a dark green long skirt, but finally I changed my mind since I don’t think it’s a good idea to wear something long while it’s raining. So I put on a red ( like red wine ) blouse, and a black short skirt ( the length is to my knees ). Well, I must say I still look like a pro. :D

So I was early to school, on a Saturday morning: 8 a.m. you know. Some girl students came too and gave me a hand—since school said we had to tell parents to sign their names on a paper. But I would be busy talking with parents who were eager to know about their kids’ performance at school. I really appreciate their help! :D I will give them extra marks later in class. Therefore, the meeting started at 9 a.m. I stood in the front on the platform like what I used to do at work, and began to ‘lecture’. LOL~ not really. I should say it’s more like communicating with all the parents, to inform them what my expectations are—both for students’ grades and their behavior. Then some parents asked me how come their kids couldn’t do well on their tests. Well trust me I kind of know I would encounter such problems, year after year. The solution is so easy: kids got to concentrate in class and then review, brush up on what they have learned. How come we have this saying both in English and Chinese—Practice makes perfection. See? Everyone knows it. It just depends on how much effort one makes. I think I will still state like this here, if I am still blogging as the next TP Day comes. *chuckles* Most questions are the same old stuff, except one. Sandy’s mom sort of ‘questioned’ me, ‘hey didn’t you say you’d wear a super short mini skirt today? We came to school for that you know?’ *falls laughing* However I met around 30 parents and it was good enough comparing to other homeroom teachers’ record. *claps*

When I was home again in the early afternoon, I found I got a missed call and a sms in my ‘degree 3’ cell phone. I checked them. The vegetarian architect who lives in Taichung called. What did he want? *chuckles* He’s a few years older than me but still seems so immature, never made me feel he’s interesting although his self introduction said ‘I have good looks.’ So what? I have better looks. :D I guess this time is just like last time: ‘hi Flo I am in Taipei now, just finished meeting for a case. I have free time at this moment. Can you have lunch with me?’ LOL~ too bad, Larry…I have no free time for you! Because I am NEVER spontaneous. :D And the sms is from Martin, who just doesn’t know how to pursue a woman with a proper way. Thus these 2 guys go to the ‘lousy tao hua’ group for sure. Poofed! :P

4 comments:

Ken said...

hahahaha poofed? :P o...k... :P (Practice makes Perfect... :P) So maybe this Sandy's mum likes to look at females in mini skirts... wooo? :P hahahahaha Ah your day was much more fun I guess :P So now u got another one called Larry.... hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm.... :P (But he is vegetarian, and is rich (Architect... hmmm...)) Why isn't he good? immature? ah all guys are immature... Trust me :P

Flo said...

*chuckles* by 'poofed' I mean it's kind of like 'game over' for the 2 guys. well I trust you; guys are immature. :P but some of them can be breezy and interesting the same time. *winks*

Ken said...

oh.... breezy? :P

Flo said...

*chuckles* I mean 'easy-going', like a summer breeze. :D