Wednesday, December 21, 2005

My thankfulness

All this week we gotta wear heavy clothes since it's
pretty cold. Of course not cold enough for us to have
a white Christmas...but the atmosphere's been nice. I
put on a red Xmas cap and gave students candy in
class after they answer my English questions well or
read some English vocabulary or paragraphs. LOL You
might think 'this teacher's torturing kids.' As a
matter of fact kids enjoy it, you know...sometimes we
teachers gotta motivate their learning ( but I do
feel a bit painful while paying for the candy and
chocolate...)

Moreover, we had a singing competition. One of my
girl students went with 2 boy students from other
classes. Right before they were to sing, they came
ask me to listen to their song and maybe give them
some advice. Heh I guess it's because I was seen to
play the guitar ( not mine but a student's ) and sing
in our classroom. *coughs* I cannot perform well
though...'long time no practice' you know. However,
glad to give them a hand. That's why I was there,
listening them, and commenting afterwards: I do think
you guys do a good job. You will be doing even better
if you sing a little more emotionally...( heh it's
what I learned from the choir master before. ) Later
on they rushed into my office, and told me they got
the first prize! Woo I felt happy for them!! My girl
student and her friend left cheerfully after I gave
her a hug.

Talking about hugs...I gave our new principal a hug
in the office today. hehe no I cannot blog what
happened here, sort of, you know...private. My
colleague and me went shopping and I got some
strawberries--they were so nice and sweet! I feel
grateful...living in a fabulous place where people
can get so many delicious foods. I also feel grateful
that a friend bothered to help me with the pdf file.
I would try to transfer it to a word file, but didn't
know what to do. He told me about some way but I
gotta d/l something which is more than 80 MB...way
too troublesome for me. Thus I gave up. I didn't
expect that he transfered the file and emailed it to
me...*sobs* Thanks so much!

No comments: