Wednesday, July 28, 2004

My deepest sympathies

A very good friend of mine, who also teaches at the same public middle school as me, told me this morning that she lost her baby. *sigh* Last week I called her when she was in her mom's place. She told me she felt unhappy from time to time, and cried without knowing why. That sounds like pregnancy melancholia. This monday she went have an examination at Taida Hospital and stayed there since then. The doctor told her that the baby didn't have any heartbeat yesterday, so it's a must to do abortion...
I was told that my good friend's not treated nicely at her immediate family, who are rich and selfish enough. A pregnant woman...dared not turn on the air-con because her mom-in-law thinks it's a waste of money. *grins coldly* They don't know that pregnant women are pretty much afraid of heat? And you know it's over 35 degrees Celsius very often in Taipei! Her husband is the only son. Whether my friend gives birth to a girl or a boy, it'll be absolutely fabulous for the family. They should have tried all means to take good care of the daughter-in-law. Wouldn't it be true that a happy mother can have a happy child. But the parents-in-law said, 'We don't like noise. You should take the baby to a baby sitter and let her take care of it 24 hours, all day.' Yeah the baby heard it, and it might think it's not welcome. Poor baby, and my poor friend. :( You have my deepest sympathies.

1 comment:

Ken said...

Your friend has my condolences... (and with all those surrounding you having babies... hmmmm :P)