Thursday, July 29, 2004

You'll have to try hard first

Well one boy student came find me with another girl student yesterday and hoped I could do the translation for him. -_-" It's an English album, and he wanna know all about the titles and lyrics. I was like... err... @_@ not again. And then I told him it's easy for me translate such stuff, but he'll learn nothing--without looking them up in the dictionary, reciting them himself. So I gave back the album to him after taking a look, and told him he should try to translate them first and ask me as he finds some difficult terms that are too hard for him to understand. ( Hey the CD's cover looks a bit scary. It's a picture in which a gal's sitting in a bath tub full of blood. Do you know what this singer is? :D )
I told another class today the same idea. You know we teachers are so good at preaching...*chuckles* The main idea is you have to try hard first. I wouldn't like to help students until they have tried their best and they still can't work it out. hehehe...so yeah, if I feel worried about a good friend, like the colleague who just lost her baby, I would keep in touch with her often, by calling her, or visiting her. If I care for a net friend who doesn't live in Taiwan, it's also convenient to call, send sms, or email to keep contact. I look down on those who say, 'oh I am so worried about someone.' yet wanna do nothing for the friend. Maybe everyone has his/her way to make friends. I don't mean I am a very nice person or what...but if I care, I would surely do something. My poor friend will stay in a Care Centre near my school ( since her parents-in-law are too busy to look after her, very good karma I guess...) after she can leave Taida Hospital.  I will go keep her company from time to time when I am off duty. *sighs*

No comments: