Thursday, March 31, 2005

Roses without thorns?

So life goes on. Being asked to attend a concert by our choir master, I had to practice with them on Tue evening again. And sure it's lots of fun walking in the rain...NOT. :P However, after the practice I sat in a friend's car since he lives near my place and he's kind enough to give me a ride. He seemed to be in a good mood and was humming some music from the musical Carmen. Heh I said if I should go get a rose then. That brought up the topic if some species of roses have no thorns. I don't think so, and neither does another friend of mine. The thing is I turned down his offer nicely when he suggested he would get me some roses without thorns. LOL~ Roses are beautiful for sure and they are my favorite flowers, you know. But the meaning this flower bears makes me hesitate to accept a bouquet of roses from a guy. :D

Students had their first periodical test these 2 days--yesterday and today. So we only had school for half a day...yay! :D I went have a nice hot pot for lunch yesterday, and today a science teacher who just retired not long ago ( very rich...) will treat me veggie steak for lunch. :D~ hehehe thanks a lot ( and I think one day I will find some chance to return the favor. ) One more thing, a student in grade 7 came give me some gifts which were bought by his bro. His bro was my student and graduated from this middle school in 2003. He couldn't study well because of some damage to his brain...but he's been good and glad to help after I kept encouraging him that time. Now he's working in a shopping centre ( he called me and told me so ) and I am happy to know things are getting well. I told the younger bro, 'Thanks so much, but tell your bro don't buy me gifts anymore. I would like him to save up his money. If he keeps wasting money like this I will get angry ok.' :P He just smiled and left my office.

The performance is this evening...I hope it won't be raining again. Since I will have to wear a long skirt tonight. :P

No comments: