Saturday, October 09, 2004

Hot pot time ( shabu shabu )

The weather’s getting colder, and time for my favorite meal again—shabu shabu, which is not an English term for sure, but Japanese. It’s similar to our Chinese hot pot, but the difference is it’s a smaller steam pot and only for one person does, while Chinese hot one is bigger and for all the members there to get the food inside. Yesterday evening I went to a shabu shabu restaurant and have one for dinner. I don’t know if restaurants in western countries afford the same stuff: plus the main course ( the food for hot pot ) they have soft drink ( coke, soda, sprite, iced lemon tea ), even some ice cream--3 flavors in that restaurant: grape, peanut, and the best…mango! They are tasty of course. Oh yeah they gave sweet soup ( ai yu ) in the end. And the price for each is around 200 NT. *sighs* I know, I know…and I am thankful. :D

Today I didn’t do much but rested a lot. No idea why…maybe I am workaholic? As soon as I got up this morning I got a severe headache. During weekdays I think I am too busy to think or feel that I have a headache? *chuckles* I don’t know…but my headache did stop me from going out, and I had to stay in bed a lot. Well, it’s not too bad since I live a very busy life most of the time, teaching at school getting along with teens dealing with their naughty sometimes evil problems. Amazing that I don’t find my hair becoming white fast. LOL~ In fact I only found one short white hair on the top of my head. :P I was woo~ and happy to keep it there. Nan2 de2 ahh…I think. Many of my colleagues have to dye their hair because it’s white. My family have the tendency ( not sure if I use the correct term here ) to get white hair early. By ‘early’ I mean they start getting white hair in their late twenties, and have quite a few after thirties. So yeah, I might get a lot too pretty soon? :P I look forward to the date I need to dye my hair then. LOL~

4 comments:

Ken said...

Dye your hair like Rogue from X-Men... (White on the tip/front) or, dye it like a nice red or purple, or more daring, pink, blue, orange. Or, streak it with different colors :P You're bound to get a few extra looks :P

Flo said...

in fact I think got one strand dyed blue looks cool. :D and I like jeans--just nice!

Ken said...

oh? so do it then... what do u mean you like jeans... @_@ people wear jeans... @_@ I don't understand :P

Flo said...

oh I didn't make it clear enough. if I dyed a strand of my hair blue, it would look good with my favorite blue jeans--the colour matches, you know.