Monday, October 25, 2004

Typhoon day, shopping day?

No school for today altho it's Monday. Well...not that here it comes another national holiday, but the powerful typhoon Nock-ten lashed Taiwan. It also got Taipei the strongest wind ( 12 on the scale ) which has never been seen for the past 27 years. :O Of course it must bring a lot of damage to many places--cost 3 lives so far because of the flooding. It's also no good for me altho I stayed home all day and thanks God there's no flooding here. I spent lots of time surfing ( how nice the net can still work while there's no electricity in some areas! ) and finally ordered a 512MB mp3 player. In addition, I surfed even more for a second hand notebook. -_- Oh no...I must control myself and stop surfing like this. High-tech stuff are so interesting, so alluring...and so dangerous to my wallet. :P Anyway it's quite boring trapped at home all day long, and the price of vegetables soar...*sobs sobs* real bad news for a vegetarian isn't it!

2 comments:

Ken said...

ah... but u have deep pockets :P so u can spend and spend :P but I can't... I don't even have a mp3 player... *sob sob* :P

Flo said...

urm...I have deep pockets? as if. but my job is the so called 'iron bowl' here, so far. :P hey I have no bf or husband to support me! can't 'spend spend spend'! being my friend you should persuade me to save up more for the future right. :D