Sunday, March 19, 2006

A wonderful reunion

The reunion yesterday was terrific! I met WW at Zhongshan
MRT station and then the other ex-classmates at Danshui.
Our class leader Tina took us to a cool restaurant
located near the Danshui River. Thus we could have lunch
and watched the beautiful scenery in there. They asked WW
how she met her Canadian hubby and how her life is in
Vancouver. She told them the story ( of course I knew
about it ages ago hehehe ) and then everyone thought I
should follow the pattern to find myself a western
husband. :P Interesting. Yeah I know western culture is
more easy-going when it comes to marriage. In Taiwan, if
a girl is to get married, it's like she's going to marry
a whole family ( the future husband's family. ) Life will
be more complicated since the guy's parents and relatives
will bother this couple. Maybe not all of the Taiwanese
here, but most do. That's why I always hear my friends or
colleagues complain about their problems that result from
their 'loving' in-laws' troubling them too much.

That's why I told WW when we were on the MRT after the
happy reunion: we shouldn't bother our offspring a lot
when we get old. We can shout them nice meals if we wanna
see them sometimes, and give them presents ( red
envelopes are our favorite! ) By then we should be rich
enough and are able to live a wonderful life. Both WW and
me work diligently and we don't really need to buy brand
name stuff, like LV bags or Channel cosmetics. Our
attitude is pragmatic toward life--money is very
important. If I can marry a good guy, I will be happy. If
I cannot find a nice guy to get married with, I will
still have a life ( and lots of money hehehe...)

No comments: