Tuesday, November 23, 2004

Some good news and something bad also

I had a long break this morning ( 2 hours ) and then I went check the PHD's schedule and found he had a 1 hour break just then. So yeah... :P I went to his office and told him I couldn't come online when I used my NB at my office. He was kind enough to come to my office and helped me check it out. Since the OS is 98, he said 'long time no use the commands for 98...' It took him a while to figure it out--must type ipconfig /release_all and ipconfig /renew_all in DOS. Then it needed to do the setting for DNS also. -_- Well you know I have no idea how it works...but anyway, it finally worked! :D
Ok...I should have nothing to complain right? But still I wanna do a little complaining here...why? Since I was told by a colleague that school has decided to take away the computer desk and the only pc in our office on Thurs. Quite ridiculous isn't it. That a desktop is used by 29 homeroom teachers in an office already sounds so...so 'poor'. And boss wanna take the only pc away from us--they said teachers must go to a certain room where puters will be located. I guess they might install some spy cams there and see if we teachers will go to some 'interesting' sites. *chuckles* Wait a sec. I can't chuckle at this moment thinking I can't come online anymore at my office 2 days later! :O Damn the boss who has made the decision...he'd make it so inconvenient for all the teachers to use pc. What a wise man...and wish such a wise man deserve the karma he is to get. *grins*
Lucky students around are nice. Rachel's father went to France and he brought me a bag of coffee beans when he came back to Taipei. Previously she asked me what I like, perfume or chocolate. I didn't think they needed to give me anything tho. A colleague, who is an expert in coffee, told me the brand her dad bought for me is well-known. woo~ And moreover...Jenny lent me the VCDs 'zai jian le ke lu' ( Goodbye Kuro? ), which is a very famous movie on now. Judy gave me the VCDs ' Shark Tale! I got it online already...but nice to have its VCDs too. :P Therefore...I must say I have nothing to complain again I guess--do appreciate such nice persons in my life...thanks a lot!! :D

2 comments:

Ken said...

Haha... but u still have ur NB... so can surf in ur office right?

Flo said...

yuppers! I guess some other colleagues are pondering over getting NBs. They even said I could foresee this situation, you know...but I truly didn't. -_-