Monday, August 23, 2004

Chinese Valentine's Day

Here again…not diligent enough to blog last night. LOL~ Yesterday was the Chinese Lovers’ Day, 七夕 ( qi1 xi4 ) in Mandarin. For a woman like me, who got some suitors around IRL, it’s just too difficult to decide which one to go out with. It turned out to be that…urm…I switched off my cell phone and spent a wonderful Sunday with my family! OK I was just kidding… in fact I didn’t switch off my celly, but it ran out of battery and I didn’t charge it, that’s all. :P

I went out in the afternoon for a ‘black mass’, which means a funeral for us catholic. A friend’s father passed away. We practiced in the same choir for a period of time, so I thought I had to go and pray for him and his family. I didn’t feel like crying at such an occasion even as we went forward to spread some petals on the body in the coffin, but I did have the impulse to cry when I saw my friend and his family gave the last look at their family member before they were going to cover it… *sighs* Well I know nothing is permanent. Sorrow and pain are unavoidable sometimes. After saying goodbye to my other friends who were also present at the black mass, I went back home. You know there are some traditions for us in such a situation: someone who just attended a funeral cannot go home directly. A friend told me his knowledge about that was ‘to pick some leaves and throw them away.’ Mine is ‘hang around somewhere else for a while and then go home.’ I even know about another custom: use incense to ‘purify’ the person in front of the gate—let the smoke be around his/her body a while. I guess my western friends would feel :O if I told them so.

Talking about my favorite TV program on Sun. evening, Top of the Forbidden City, I am sorry I spelt it wrong on my last blog. The Chinese title is correct, but not the English translation. I took a careful look last night and found I was wrong. *chuckles* doesn’t matter—this is my blog. In this play there are some romantic scenes too, just like most of the series, no matter what language is used. The main characters, Scorpio, Sunny, and Shadow, are in a so called ‘triangle’ relationship, which is not surprising even in our real life. Sunny is Shadow’s good friend, always caring for her and, of course, having strong feelings toward her. They’ve known each other for long. But later on, Scorpio appeared, and Shadow had an immediate crush on him, even if Scorpio seemed cold to her from time to time… She still couldn’t forget about him. The lucky thing is Scorpio does have a liking to Shadow —he acted cold because of his attempt to accomplish something first. Somehow it’s not so lucky like in the play right? Once I found myself fond of a guy, after we had been good friends for quite a while. Too bad I was not the One he wanted. It was very painful to see him leave for another woman, who he immediately had a strong crush on just like the girl Shadow. Certainly I felt very bad…I trembled while he told me he’s to leave....But I didn’t shed a tear even that's the Fin. ( Sunny didn’t either. *chuckles* He even would like to help…how come so kind-hearted as me huh :P )

So yeah…my point to record this history about my failure in love ( LOL~ ) is we don’t need to feel shameful or whatsoever. It’s not anyone’s fault, but just not something that can be worked out, a relationship which is never meant to be. I feel lucky that I didn’t initiate any action there. Sure I sorrowed over my fate ( awww~ how come I couldn’t get him! ) for a moment, but things would just turn up right since time is the greatest healer. A beautiful young girl, who’s the daughter of 2 celebrities in Taiwan, ended her life by jumping down from a building, for her bf fell in love with other girls. Her bf’s photo was also in the newspaper…hmm…a gorgeous guy. So what? Necessary to kill herself and make her parents feel like hell? ( My mom had some comments like that, you know. :P ) Too bad or very lucky? I never feel it’s the end of the world if a man I like doesn’t like me. I think it’s his loss—doesn’t get a tall, pretty, good-figured, bright-thinking all the time, blah-blah…good woman. LOL~ ok ok being narcissistic again I know. But this is my monologue!!! So…I wish myself, and my good friends who don’t have lovers by now, all the best and good luck. Let us all live our days fully and happily every day! ^_^

4 comments:

Ken said...

wah you've outdone yourself this time, it took me a while just to read your blog... very informative...so, I got to ask....... who was the girl? :P that leaves thing, its told by my mum because I might be attending a funeral service soon (the body's been cremated already...) I'm there just to 'fill up space'... My bro he went to a collegue's funeral and he did that, got some special leaves, took them with him, went to funeral, before he left adelaide, threw them into the garden at the airport... guess no harm has happened to him since :P (that collegue commited suicide because of some money problem I think.... was pretty young (but older than me... he tried before, but was foiled by friends and collegues, but this time, he took some poison in the lab, and called up his friends... when they got there he wasn't with them anymore... sad isn't it). Anyways, happy thoughts... you have so many tao hua! and yet you choose not to recharge your mobile! Why??? :P You don't want to receive special calls... :P

Flo said...

*chuckles* too talktive sometimes I guess. it's a given my career is teaching? :P no work until this Fri...when school starts, really don't think I can type much here. anyway, here's the news: http://tw.news.yahoo.com/040821/45/wx4g.html

icemonki said...

i guess people do things when they are desperate but its too late to regret when they dead. I heard of something similar a few years ago in taiwan - i guess this thing happens alot. In australia the girl would be more like 'im going to kill u - bastard!~!!mfker~!!how dare u dump me~~ fine fk off!
Happy chinese valentines!

Ken said...

That last comment... was that what happened to you yuppy? :P