Friday, August 20, 2004

What am I eager to do next? *wink*

Today I met the second new student in my office, a boy who has exactly the same name as another student in my class. No idea if school arranged so on purpose…’ Let’s give Flo this kid and see what will happen if she calls the name.’ hehehe that’s why I looked at the boy and my first question was, ‘What’s your English name?’ He said, ‘Eric’, surprisedly. ( Most teachers would ask where a new student came from and why s/he wanna change schools, you know. ) And the first new student is a girl, who looks cute and studied in China before she came here. I met her mom yesterday on my way to a class of year 9, occasionally. Her mom saw me and asked me where she could find her daughter’s new homeroom teacher. After I asked her which one she’d meet, I then said, ‘Urm…it’s me.’ The little girl who seems to be the gal student’s younger sister looked at me and said, ‘wah! Hao piao liang!’ ( I am just too shy to translate it in English. LOL~ ) The mom didn’t know her little daughter did a very nice job of PR. :P I told my class today that they were lucky to have 2 cute new students, and my boy students all went ‘woo~’ ( like ‘colour wolves’ you know. ) *chuckles* And I am very happy also…got 2 more lovely kids to torture…ehh no no, to educate, I mean. :P

Let me bs about another guy, who might have some interest in me. He’s a few years older than me, works as an architect in another city. ( about 3 hours if take a bus ) Well…he’s a vegetarian too. But he used to say something urm…kind of boring or weird, or which made me wonder what’s going on in his mind, although he should be more mature than me. What did he say? *chuckles* Let me translate into English: Oh this picture looks nice. Was it taken recently? ( so far so good right? ) It’s wonderful to be a teacher…you even get paid during summer vacation! ( Sure, it’s the law. If you were not an architect but a teacher in a public school too, you would get the same pay as well. ) The government will support you for the rest of your life. ( what…where got? -_-“ Mr. President didn’t promise me this!!! ) Now you’ve got a stable job. What do you eagerly want to do next? What if your husband is not Mr. Right? ( … ) *falls laughing hard*

Now then I know how come I can always keep so optimistic although I am not a rich person. As soon as I saw such guys around me, those who could make big money, yet to keep an open mind or an interesting attitude toward life, I felt…ah I am definitely very lucky. They don’t know the ‘give and take’ thingy. And worse, their lack of good sense of humour marks their poorness and that does affect my willingness to be their good friends. ( For me, ‘a friend’ and ‘a good friend’ are pretty different by definition. ) Anyway it’s my monologue here…so they can’t defend themselves. LOL~ unfair? Certainly. Nothing is perfect, right? *wink*

3 comments:

Ken said...

having $$ doesn't always mean you'll be happy and smiling... :P having too much and people will ask for it... having just right, you'll be spending it... having too little, you'll just be living to earn it... ah I'm bsing as well :P hehehe just keep on being optimistic like me :P (am I optimistic? :P)

Flo said...

hm...yeah I think you become more optimistic gradually. must be some friend of yours who can always think bright that effects you deeply? :D

Ken said...

who who? :P Yuppy ain't optimistic enough :P