Monday, August 02, 2004

"She bangs she bangs"...no, this time it's "He banged'

I got a phone call from Gary’s mom. She told me Gary had to take medical leave today. Being a homeroom teacher, I am used to showing my care if something’s wrong…and I asked her what’s wrong with my boy student. The mom told me what happened. This early morning Gary saw a cockroach flying to him. He’s so nervous and frightened maybe…that he BANGED his head onto something. Oh my goodness! Do you know roaches in Taiwan are good at flying? Very scary…especially if some roach touches my skin and if I don’t clean my skin by washing it with a lot of water, I will feel very itchy and even get rash you know. Guess it’s because roaches have quite a lot of bacteria or…? I have no idea.

My friend shouted me lunch today. I had a vegetarian steak, which is more expensive than non-veggie one I think. A drink ( for a better appetite? ), salad, baked bread with garlic-flavoured sauce, main course ( the ‘steak’ hehehe ), and the desserts are fruit, a piece of cake ( no eggs used ), a cup of hot coffee. Oh no I got 2 cups of coffee today then. But I am too tired to get possessive or whatsoever these days. Well I should go hit my bed earlier tonight…In fact I have a spider story to tell. Next time maybe…

5 comments:

icemonki said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
icemonki said...

Hi Flo~

I found your blog from kenmans site and read your blog. Hope you dont mind :D.
Cockroaches are really dirty insects and crawl around everywhere so it would be a good idea to wash skin immediately after contact - they're bad enough in Australia i reckon they would be worse in Taiwan!

Flo said...

hey icemonki, my pleasure to share this blog with you. :) I read some of your blog too ( you did blog a lot...I am just a beginner you know ). your room looks nice and neat! :D

Ken said...

Spiderman? :P We call this guy at work 'superman' (though I have no idea why... he has no distinguishing astonishing feats to be called 'superman'... but then we are a pretty weird bunch of guys... check my wed blog to see :P). And now yuppy comes here. Like I saw yuppy's roomie go to yuppy's site. Its all getting connected? hmmmm... Just link to each other's pages :P And Flo if u get rash, that means you have allergy to cockroaches. No idea how severe, but I heard a story before (not sure where, or who) but somebody who was wearing sandals had a cockroach run over their feet... and in a few mins it was all red and itchy... thats a pretty bad allergy. You better have some cockie motels... But for fun here you can get the big non-flying kinds as pets... :P You want one? hehehe

Flo said...

oh...it's always so nice of you, Kenny! of course I would like one, which I'd keep it in a nice glass bottle and name it 'xiao3 qiang2' ok? when can you fly to Taipei? :D