Tuesday, August 24, 2004

Typhoon Day

A typhoon’s ( Aere #0417 ) is landing on the north of Taiwan. When I got up in the early morning, I heard the wind and rain, a bit stronger than the rain ( or showers ) we usually have in summer. So… yeah I know it’s better to stay home. *chuckles* But it’s not my style. :P Putting on a short skirt ( a smart choice in rainy days since wet pants always make my legs uncomfortable ) and taking a bigger umbrella ( not the light ones I use to block the burning sun ), I ‘bravely’ walked into the wind and rain. Wow… the streets looked so lonely today! Living in Taipei, everyone knows it’s more like a habit you have to look around and watch out, because of the busy traffic and a lot of pedestrians everywhere. Well…this time I felt relaxed, walking slowly, enjoying the loneliness in my favorite city. I looked up a bit, smiled to the sky, and felt the rain was cool…on my bare arms and feet ( I wore slippers, which are for outdoors ). I didn’t sing, in case I ruined the perfect silence around me…so content I got…

I think of a good friend, who lives in Ilan, the east of Taiwan, and also teaches at a public middle school. We were once colleagues for a few years. The reason we got to know each other better was both of us are vegetarians, and he often gave me a hand as I had some questions about computer stuff. However…what he influenced me most was not about computers, but his attitude toward life. He told me he had a painful childhood, not being loved and suffering from poverty. That’s why he figured out very early that one’s best friend is him/herself, and he seldom wasted money. *chuckles* He always teaches me how to save up money. He does that so well that he has bought a house near his school, and I kept him company when he came up to see the furniture exhibition at Taipei Trade Exhibition Hall. Being single, good-looking, rich…you know he has no gf so far. LOL~ He had an admirer, in fact…a teacher too, not at the same school. I asked him why he turned the lady down, and his reply was ‘urm…I didn’t think it’d better to live with her. It’s so tiring to look after another person. By the way I am studying for my masters…’ His point is living by himself is totally enjoyable, and he doesn’t think a woman would do him any good right now…same here. *chuckles* Neither do I. That’s why we joked around while talking on the phone, that we might get married a few years later since both are so picky, vegetarian, and we don’t want kids.( DINK is my cup of tea! ) We just need to work diligently and then larked around when we are on winter or summer vacation. Perfect match…NOT. Too bad he’s younger than me, and…shorter. *sighs…* :P Nothing is perfect, just like what I used to say.

So I got my favorite traditional Chinese breakfast, and bought newspaper on my way home. It’s nice to spend my day like this… nothing important to do. Eat, drink ( herb tea ), nap, watch some stuff, chat with friends, and so on. Previously my sis and I planned to go shopping today, but cancelled for this typhoon. As for the cell phone which ran out of battery and didn’t get charged, I think I am just too smart… LOL~ I have 3 cell phones, which means I have 3 numbers to use. The first # ( degree 1 ) is only for my family when I go traveling overseas. The second # ( degree 2 ) is for all my acquaintances IRL, including students and their parents. I take this celly with me most of the time and seldom switch if off. ( too troublesome, and I don’t get naughty calls often. I did get some, and I am good at dealing with such things… *winks* ) The third # ( degree 3 ) is only for friends I get to know from the Net. It’s a prepaid card, which can be thrown away anytime if I don’t think it’s necessary for me. So that’s why the 1st and 3rd are off. I am not to leave for another country, and I am sick of getting the 2 guys’ phone calls already. :P Let me live a lonely life for a while first… and I’ll take another new adventure! :D

4 comments:

Ken said...

Hehe sounds like you have... me, I'm too poor to get 3 mobiles... :P plus nobody would stalk me so I'm perfectly fine :D Did u wear a mini-skirt? in typhoon weather? haha let guys have a good look right :P but u said not many people on the streets... weird :P maybe they're looking from their windows instead... ho ho ho~~ and that ilan friend of yours... I just love the story that the furniture guys thought u two were a couple... awww why don't u post a pic of u two together? ;)

Flo said...

needless to say, I know I have the legs for a short skirt. in fact I don't really mind being watched, just don't touch will do. ( hope all men in this world know exactly about the term 'eye' candy...) by the way, how come you still remember the 'couple' incident!!! ni tai li hai le bah! @_@ scary... :P

Ken said...

Don't you know I wish you happiness? Hehe get hooked up with him, have a few cute kids, you know... :P (Running is not an option? hahaha)

Flo said...

ah...very sweet of you. but DINK is more like my cup of tea, you know. So guess your wish is pretty much for yourself--got hooked up with the One, have a few kids...*chuckles* sorry, but I am too evil to run. :P