Sunday, August 15, 2004

A trip to Danshui

A net friend from IRC invited me to visit Danshui, where he lives and works. We’d like to meet each other and said we should find some time from the beginning of this summer vacation. But sometimes it’s because I am busy, and sometimes he is busy. Finally we met in person today, the very first time. He’s a nice guy, who wouldn’t say anything mushy to me. I really don’t think it’s a good idea to say, ‘Can you be my girl friend?’ or ‘Suddenly I got a thought of getting married…’ you know, only on first ‘dates’. Well, my friend insisted that we should call it ‘date’ since only 2 persons are involved. In fact I prefer to use the term ‘gathering’ because I always think ‘date’ should be more like…someone I wanna get intimate with. But I am not a native speaker of English. My friend said ‘gathering’ is for 3 or more than 3 persons. However, my Danshui friend treated me latte at Starbucks and then dinner at a vegetarian stall, and we chatted happily, mostly about our IRC experiences. I came online chatting only since 2000, and have observed many interesting events that happened in this cyber world. *chuckles* He agreed with me and his even got a girl friend before from IRC. Too bad tho…their relationship didn’t work out, and he’s still single. I wish him good luck. :D

On my way home, I was standing on MRT. There were too many people, so crowded, and first time I couldn’t stand the smell in the carriage. But even in such a unpleasant situation, I still had something funny to report. 1. Three obasans were talking too happily to notice they should get off at Grand Hotel MRT station. When they suddenly realized it’s time to go, only 1 could make it. The other two stayed in the carriage looking outside at the successful obasan, jealously, since the door was already closed. They laughed…me too, but inside my heart. 2. Some teenagers managed to enter the carriage at the last few seconds before the doors were to close, and, hehehe, got zapped. But anyway they made it. They laughed…me too, again. 3. A big-butt obasan standing beside me decided to take some exercise to keep fit all of a sudden. And she kicked my right ankle twice without saying ‘sorry’. My good figure’s fault or what. LOL~ ok I don’t blame her then.

5 comments:

icemonki said...

Haha, looks like u had another 'date'... hehe
put it this way... if you had to go to lunch with a girl friend, you wouldnt call it a DATE and u wouldnt call it a gathering either. you would call it a meeting or dinner etc... so tell that dumb guy its not a date unless both of u intimate. (he just want to call it a date to make himself look better) hehe...wei how come no1 ever ask me for dinner?? must be that 'tao hua' you were talking about. and kenny dont make fun of me !

Flo said...

thanks a lot for telling me the correct terms, icemonki. :D I have prayed hard to the Lord that He must give you and Kenny--both are very nice persons, the 'tao hua', which I don't need so far. :P ( do you think Kenny sounds desperate, by the way? )

Ken said...

I don't have any tao hua either!! :( I only have the pretend one, where this girl says she likes me, and now has gone and done a runner on me :P. Anyways, Flo, sorry to make you feel less of an Educator, but in English, its a train 'carriage'... not a 'trunk'. If you want to, go look it up (aren't I mean! :P) And if its a girl-girl 'outing', its not a 'date'. A guy-girl meeting doesn't necessarily have to be a date as such, but... still... ho ho ho :P about the 'funny bit'... You should kick her back, since she won't feel it :P *and then you should run hard*

icemonki said...

haha yes, Kenny is desperate. Don't u have any leng lui in taipei that are single that you can introduce? Even if not leng lui is OK, I think he will be happy if anyone interested (haha thats what u get for making fun of me and flo) Um besides I thought flo calling train carriage trunk was very cute!

Flo said...

ah :D thanks, Kenny. of course you are not mean at all. you are only desperate. *grins evilly* ( oh wo hao pa ni oh~ ) I count myself lucky since you 2 care for me enough to tell me the right terms and my English can be brighten up. ^_^
btw, not that I don't wanna intro gals to Kenny, icemonki...you can ask him. I did offer the chance when I met 2 cute gals, who have no bfs and also are 26. he said no.Very picky he is. let him find himself the One will do. :P