Wednesday, August 25, 2004

Typhoon Day II

All government offices and schools in Taipei remain closed today because of the typhoon Aere. Banks and financial markets are shut as well. Lucky the place where I live has nothing destructive like flash-floods, landslides, or mud and rock slides. Thanks goodness, and my parents. They did choose a house with good Feng Shui. :D As usual I got up very early, thinking if I should go out to get the newspapers while watching the strong wind and heavy rain outside. Yes, you’re right. I decided to go. Well…maybe ‘sneak out’ is the term. :P For my other family were still sleeping sound because of the cool weather. So I put on my black mini skirt, took my strong umbrella, and walked into the typhoon. I admit that I did feel a bit scared when I saw the gusting winds and torrential rains! My skirt became all wet soon—you know the typhoon rain is not like the normal rain falling down straight. I wandered if I was just too brave walking on the street… I would say I deserve it if I was injured by falling debris. LOL~ Somehow too much courage might not be an advantage I guess… By the way I did regret that I forgot to take my cute BenQ 2300 with me to take some video. Maybe next time. :P ( aiyowei! Daring enough? )

Luckily I came home safely…got to change my clothes fast though. And we didn’t suffer from power outages like some other households in Taiwan. The only bad thing that happened to me today was…I was so careless while cooking lunch that my pinky on the right touched the edge of a very hot wok. -_-“ Very painful…I even got a boil on my pinky! ~~>_<~~ I deserved it too, since I know I am not good in cooking at all. But it’s not convenient to eat out in a typhoon day. That didn’t ruin my good mood for the rest of today, especially when I looked into the mirror and saw my skin’s so smooth and delicate for plenty of time to sleep these days. *chuckles* I don’t think I can sleep that much after school starts! Therefore, it’s a must to take as much R&R as I can, right? Being trapped at home for 2 days, I will go out to have some fun tomorrow! :D

3 comments:

Ken said...

You know you should've immediately keep your pinky under running water... or if that doesn't work, soak it in water... but, you should be lucky you don't cut ur finger instead :P And you said the weather was cool neh... (no short skirt long jacket? :P)

Flo said...

yeah...thanks for your care. now got a scar -_-" and, the weather's cool but still too hot for a jacket. so, hehehe...a T shirt and a short skirt will do :D

Ken said...

haha its getting hot here... woo :P